Friday, August 20, 2010

See my Ditko / Everett slideshow at Toronto Fan Expo!

On Friday, August 27, 2010, come to the Toronto Fan Expo (running from Friday to Sunday) and see my slideshow entitled "Steve Ditko and Bill Everett: Spider-Man, Sub-Mariner, Daredevil & Beyond". The hour-long presentation begins at 5pm in Room 103A and features tons of imagery and commentary related to my two new books Fire and Water: Bill Everett, the Sub-Mariner and the Birth of Marvel Comics (out in Sep) and Unexplored Worlds: The Steve Ditko Archives v2 (out in Oct).

I'll also have a table for the Friday and Saturday at the show - here's the seating plan and floor plan for the show. I'll have copies of my Strange & Stranger: The World of Steve Ditko and Strange Suspense: The Steve Ditko Archives v1 for sale that I'll be signing, or bring yours or any of my books to get them signed. I'll also have copies of my I Have To Live With This Guy! book and copies of the fanzine, Ditkomania, for sale.

Here's the promo blurb for my slideshow:
Steve Ditko and Bill Everett: Spider-Man, Sub-Mariner, Daredevil & Beyond
Two Marvel Comics giants join forces! Steve Ditko is the co-creator and original artist of the Amazing Spider-Man, and creator of Dr. Strange and Mr. A. The late Bill Everett created and was the original artist for the Sub-Mariner (the first anti-hero and mutant of the Marvel Universe), and co-created Daredevil.

Join author Blake Bell for a slide show presentation and discussion on his two upcoming books from Fantagraphics: Fire And Water: Bill Everett, The Sub-Mariner, and the Birth of Marvel Comics, and Unexplored Words: The Steve Ditko Archives v2.

No comments:

Post a Comment